INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Information Collection. We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One reason for collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- help make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- help us create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you may be required to complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name and email address. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for promotions; to request us to notify you regarding particular offers or products, or to sign up for our e-mail newsletter and special offers, including contests, which we may run from time to time. Your participation in a contest is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest winners and to award prizes. We may post on our Site the names and cities of contest winners.
- Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, this Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or "action tags") to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- Log Files. As is true of most web sites, the Site automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol ("IP") address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
- Age. We respect children's privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on this Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
- Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site's content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- Communications with You: We use your personal information to process and fulfill your orders, to communicate with you regarding your orders and deliveries and to provide you with other client services. We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our site. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance). Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for promotions; request we notify you regarding particular offers or products, or sign up for our email newsletter and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver this information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt-out section below for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders or your membership.
- External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone, except that:
- As do most Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number. Each of these service providers must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide Client Services to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial services corporations such as credit card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use data encryption techniques to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- Unless you instruct us otherwise, we may disclose your personal information to other persons or entities whom we believe are trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours. These persons or entities may use your information for their direct marketing purposes. Like our service providers, these persons and entities are required to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
- We may share aggregate, non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") for all financial transactions through this Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
Shop Hers uses industry-standard procedures and safeguards designed to protect all personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. All Shop Hers employees with access to personal information are required to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
On your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending certain non-membership or order-related emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing your request to our Customer Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information.
Please note that despite your actions above in regards to opting out of receiving certain non-membership or order-related emails to your email address, a purchase on the Site subsequent to your request to opt-out will be considered your affirmative consent to opt back into our email distribution list.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
WHAT IF YOU'RE NOT A SHOP HERS MEMBER, BUT YOU'VE HEARD FROM SHOP HERS?
You may have received an offer from us. If you were a prior member, we may have invited you back. We may also have received your information from one of our partners or from the mailing, opt-in emailing. Unless we are using an opt-in only list in our marketing efforts, Shop Hers will screen our lists with the Direct Marketing Association ("DMA") preference lists before we send such offers.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES; PUBLIC VENUES
The Site may enable you to post comments, reviews and other information on publicly available areas of the Site. Any information you post in these areas of the site will be available to all of our users, so please use caution in disclosing any personal information when you post such comments, reviews or other information.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY